Set the Right Engagement Strategy Early.
If you want to keep all your constituents, donors, supporters, participants or alumni connected to your organization, you'll almost certainly be considering an online community at some point.
If any of these scenarios apply to you, then you're ready for an online community:
- You have a database - in the form of an excel worksheet, donor management system or CRM.
- You have an email marketing program, and a valid email address is critical to keeping your people connected.
- You have a facebook group or page, but you can't accurately measure engagement off of that and you don't have email addresses for all its members.
- You have a LinkedIn group, but you can't accurately measure engagement off of that and you don't have email addresses for all its members.
- You have one or more people responsible for alumni data, events, chapters, fundraising, email marketing, social media, or all of the above.
- You want repeat donors/participants, and recognize the way to achieve that is through continuous engagement and marketing.
- You're looking for ways to provide 'network value' for all your people - by connecting them to each other, not just to your organization.
- You want to evolve beyond oneunlock the value in this network for our people to benefit from?"